- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
1 injury, 10 cattle dead after truck crash
Question of the Day
WAGONTIRE, Ore. (AP) - Oregon State Police say one person was injured and 10 cattle are dead after a truck hauling a loaded cattle trailer crashed on U.S. Highway 395 north of Wagontire in Eastern Oregon.
Sgt. Brian Williams says the trailer’s load shifted Wednesday afternoon as the truck negotiated a curve. The truck and trailer tipped onto their left side, slid off the highway and came to rest in a ditch.
The truck driver was unhurt. A passenger was taken by ambulance to a Burns hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Williams says firefighters cut openings in the overturned trailer to free the cattle. Volunteer cowboys on horseback helped round up loose animals.
Police say the 10 cattle either were killed in the crash or had to be euthanized due to injuries.
The southbound lane was closed for about six hours while the volunteers helped round up an unspecified number of remaining cattle.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq