- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
Florida Gulf Coast pushes past USC-Upstate 63-60
Question of the Day
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Chase Fieler and Bernard Thompson each scored 17 points as Florida Gulf Coast outlasted USC-Upstate 63-60 Thursday night.
The Eagles (11-8, 5-1 Atlantic Sun) overcame a 10-point deficit, surging back to tie the score at 49 midway through the second half. Fieler fueled a 9-2 run with a dunk, two free throws and a three-point play to grab a six-point lead with 3:36 remaining.
USC-Upstate (9-9, 2-3) pulled within two after layups by Jodd Maxey and Ricardo Glenn. Following an Eric McKnight dunk, Maxey had a tip-in to make it 62-60. The Spartans had three chances to tie the score, but missed two layups and turned it over in the final seconds.
FGCU scored 17 points off turnovers and had a 13-8 advantage in second-chance points. Brett Comer scored 10 points.
Ty Greene led USC-Upstate with 21 points and Torrey Craig had 12.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq