- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
IPFW holds off late rally, defeats Denver 67-64
Question of the Day
DENVER (AP) - Mo Evans scored 18 points and Steve Forbes added 16 with eight rebounds as Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne held off Denver 67-64 Thursday night.
The Mastodons (15-5, 3-0 Summit) trailed 40-31 after surrendering an 11-0 run in the second half. Evans responded, converting a three-point play and hitting two 3-pointers to spark a 16-2 surge and push IPFW towards a 60-53 lead with 1:50 remaining.
Denver (7-10, 0-2) rallied as Brett Olson converted a three-point play and Bryant Rucker sank a 3-pointer to pull within one with 15 seconds left. Following two free throws by Pierre Bland, Olson couldn’t connect on a 3-pointer in the final seconds.
The Pioneers had a 51.1 shooting percentage to IPFW’s 45.2, but the Mastodons hit 22 of 31 from the foul line. Bland had 13 points for IPFW.
Cam Griffin paced Denver with 13 points, six boards and five assists.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Brooklyn Bridge surrenders: White flags replace Old Glory atop icon
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq