- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America at a crossroads
As 2014 begins, America is at a crossroads. In each of the five previous years, Barack Obama’s presidency has put our nation at risk of becoming just another European-style socialist country. At the end of 2014, we will see if the Constitution remains the bedrock of our nation’s government or has been marginalized to the point of being just one founding document seen on display in a government museum.
In 2008, then-candidate Sen. Barack Obama promised to “fundamentally transform” America. In the following years, we learned that his campaign promise was far more of a threat to the core values held by the American people than we could have imagined. Astonishingly, he achieved re-election in 2012 in spite of all the adverse factors afflicting our nation — factors that would have derailed other candidates.
As we begin the sixth year of this presidency, we know not through his rhetoric, but through his actions, that President Obama’s vision is to remake America into a socialist, Big Government nanny state with limited freedom, creating a weak nation that apologizes for its heritage. In contrast, millions of Americans hope to restore our nation’s core values, love of freedom, fiscal and moral accountability, individual responsibility, national sovereignty and Judeo-Christian heritage.
There is no middle ground in this battle for America’s future. Living under a government regime like that of Cuba, China or the old Soviet Union — one which actively undermines your choices to standards of life, family, faith and economic growth — seems very distasteful. If we allow the deterioration of our values to continue, this is the sort of country we would pass on to the next generation: a financially poor one with little freedom of choice, one whose citizens have no hope of upward mobility.
The next several months and the upcoming elections will determine the direction of America. Losing the upcoming battle for America’s soul by electing the politicians that support Mr. Obama’s agenda direction is unthinkable as these politicians continues to dim the light of freedom.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama delivering on 'flexibility' vow to Moscow
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama should've seen Ukraine coming
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political correctness is enemy of free speech
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop wasting money on United Nations
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Certain issues belong to voters