- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Skeletons no obstacle to Democrats
Question of the Day
When was the last time a liberal Democrat who was a major national figure actually had to back down because of skeletons in his or her closet (“Hillary’s skeleton stampede,” Commentary, Jan. 10)?
That’s the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Consider the double standard: An Illinois Republican, Jack Ryan, quit his Senate bid in 20014 after his divorce records were unsealed by a judge at press insistence, and the way was open for Barack Obama, about whom the people knew virtually nothing. But “Bonnie and Clod” live in a world of skeletons. For them, their crony media elites and the rest of their loyal followers, skeletons are resume enhancement.
If corrupt and incompetent Democrats were disqualified from successful electoral showings, President Obama would not have won in 2012. But corruption and incompetence are now requisites for Democrats to hold office.
Washington establishment Republicans, their mommas having raised no fools, will tacitly acquiesce before Hillary. She is practically in the Oval Office now.
CHRISTOPHER J. HOLLINS
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling