- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Standing up to China a good start
Question of the Day
In a rare and refreshing show of patriotic bipartisanship, Republicans and some Democrats on the House Foreign Affairs Committee joined Defense Department professionals and the Obama administration on Jan. 14 to advance a vigilant stance against Chinese aggression in the East China Sea and South China Sea.
Showing its true communist colors, China has been bullying American allies over bodies of water clearly outside of its territorial jurisdiction. Worse still, China is now encroaching into waters unquestionably within the territorial jurisdiction of the Philippines, which is suffering under the devastation of one of the worst typhoons in history.
But perhaps the greatest outrage of all is China’s claim that the United States has no interest here. This, in the face of American bloodshed in World War II to free not only all of Asia and the Pacific, but China in particular from the scourge of imperial Japanese occupation.
With all of the problems facing us, it is nice to know that at least we’re all getting on the same page against perhaps the greatest threat to this country besides its own ravenous government-generated debt; namely, a proudly communist China advancing its sociopathic nationalism on domestic slave labor and virtually unrestricted access to our markets.
If only we could get on the same page on government splurging, we’d make real progress. The aforementioned is at least a good start, though.
West Jefferson, Ohio
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional