- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
NBA gets Bitcoin-friendly: Sacramento Kings first sports team to take digital currency
Question of the Day
The NBA is officially Bitcoin-friendly, and the league can thank the Sacramento Kings. The organization says that it is the first in professional sports to accept the digital currency.
Starting on March 1, customers who would like to use Bitcoin inside the team’s retail store in Sacramento will be able to do so, Wired magazine reported.
The Kings will use BitPay, an online service from Atlanta, Ga., to facilitate the service, according to Wired. A BitPay spokesperson told the magazine that its service is used by roughly 20,000 merchants, with “about 1,000 signing up each week.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- Gen. Martin Dempsey: U.S. viewing decades-old Russian readiness plan
- Pentagon official: Syrian terrorism 'probably the number one threat' to U.S.
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq