- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Oscar nominations: ‘American Hustle,’ ‘Gravity’ lead with 10 nods each
The con-artist comedy “American Hustle and the 3-D space odyssey “Gravity” lead the Academy Awards with 10 nominations each, The Associated Press reported.
The other films, beside “American Hustle” and “Gravity” up for best picture are: “The Wolf of Wall Street,” “Nebraska,” “Philomena,” “12 Years a Slave,” “Captain Phillips,” “Dallas Buyers Club” and “Her.”
Best actor nominations include Christian Bale for “American Hustle”; Bruce Dern for “Nebraska”; Leonardo DiCaprio for “The Wolf of Wall Street”; Chiwetel Ejiofor for “12 Years a Slave”; and “Matthew McConaughey” for Dallas Buyers Club.
Best actress nominations, meanwhile: Amy Adams for “American Hustle”; Cate Blanchett for “Blue Jasmine”; Sandra Bullock for “Gravity”; Judi Dench for “Philomena”; and Meryl Streep for “August: Osage County.”
The full list is available here: http://oscar.go.com/nominees.
The 86th annual Academy Awards will take place March 2, the AP said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: 'None of your business'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Atheists lodge complaint against Clemson football program for prayers, Bible studies
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukraine national guard base; 3 killed
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014