- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
6 Rays in arbitration agree to deals
Question of the Day
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A day after agreeing to a one-year contract with three-time All-Star pitcher David Price, the Tampa Bay Rays reached deals with their six players remaining in arbitration.
Pitchers Jeremy Hellickson, Jake McGee and Cesar Ramos, outfielder Matt Joyce, catcher Jose Lobaton and infielder/outfielder Sean Rodriguez agreed Friday to one-year contracts, avoiding hearings.
Hellickson will earn $3,625,000 and could earn a $25,000 bonus for 195 innings pitched. McGee will receive $1.45 million and Ramos $749,750.
Joyce will make $3.7 million, while Lobaton will earn $950,000 and Rodriguez $1,475,000 with the chance to earn another $25,000 for 300 plate appearances.
Price agreed Thursday to a $14 million salary.
Hellickson started 31 games last season, going 12-10 with a 5.17 ERA. McGee 5-3, 4.02) and Ramos (2-2, 4.14) are left-handed relievers.
Joyce hit .235 with 18 homers and 47 RBIs. Lobaton batted .249 with seven homers and 32 RBIs, while Rodriguez hit .246 with five homers and 23 RBIs while appearing in 94 games at five positions.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world