- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
6 Rays in arbitration agree to deals
Question of the Day
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A day after agreeing to a one-year contract with three-time All-Star pitcher David Price, the Tampa Bay Rays reached deals with their six players remaining in arbitration.
Pitchers Jeremy Hellickson, Jake McGee and Cesar Ramos, outfielder Matt Joyce, catcher Jose Lobaton and infielder/outfielder Sean Rodriguez agreed Friday to one-year contracts, avoiding hearings.
Hellickson will earn $3,625,000 and could earn a $25,000 bonus for 195 innings pitched. McGee will receive $1.45 million and Ramos $749,750.
Joyce will make $3.7 million, while Lobaton will earn $950,000 and Rodriguez $1,475,000 with the chance to earn another $25,000 for 300 plate appearances.
Price agreed Thursday to a $14 million salary.
Hellickson started 31 games last season, going 12-10 with a 5.17 ERA. McGee 5-3, 4.02) and Ramos (2-2, 4.14) are left-handed relievers.
Joyce hit .235 with 18 homers and 47 RBIs. Lobaton batted .249 with seven homers and 32 RBIs, while Rodriguez hit .246 with five homers and 23 RBIs while appearing in 94 games at five positions.
By Ken Allard
Only the National Guard can re-establish homeland security
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener