- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Correction: Oscar Nominations-Box Office story
Question of the Day
In a story Jan. 16 about the North American box-office performance for Oscar best-picture nominees, The Associated Press erroneously listed News Corp. as the owner of Fox Searchlight. Fox Searchlight is now owned by 21st Century Fox.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Box-office numbers for Oscar best-picture nominees
Box-office numbers for Oscar best-picture nominees including ‘Gravity,’ ‘American Hustle’
North American box-office performance as of Tuesday for Oscar best-picture nominees:
- “American Hustle,” Sony, $103,565,129, 10 nominations, released Dec. 12, 2013.
- “Captain Phillips,” Sony, $105,010,295, six nominations, released Oct. 10, 2013.
- “Dallas Buyers Club,” Focus, $16,769,169, six nominations, released Nov. 1, 2013.
- “Gravity,” Warner Bros., $256,314,185, 10 nominations, released Oct. 3, 2013.
- “Her,” Warner Bros., $9,900,985, five nominations, released Dec. 18, 2013.
- “Nebraska,” Paramount, $8,477,367, six nominations, released. Nov. 15, 2013.
- “Philomena,” Weinstein Co., $22,324,543, four nominations, released Nov. 22, 2013.
- “12 Years a Slave,” Fox Searchlight, $39,002,295, nine nominations, released Oct. 17, 2013.
- “The Wolf of Wall Street,” Paramount, $80,741,968, five nominations, released Dec. 25, 2013.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq