- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Dems subpoena records from Christie’s office, campaign in bridge scandal
New Jersey Democrats have subpoenaed documents from Gov. Chris Christie’s office and campaign in their legislative investigation into the bridge-closure scandal, along with records from 18 individuals, according to the complete list released Friday evening.
Subpoenas went out to key senior staffers in Mr. Christie’s official office and his 2013 re-election campaign, as well as to Bridget Anne Kelly, the former deputy chief of staff whose email seemingly ordering the traffic problems in Fort Lee led to the scandal.
The subpoenas specifically listed the governor’s office itself, and Christie for Governor Inc., his 2013 campaign, as targets.
The subpoenas were issued Thursday, just hours after the New Jersey Assembly voted to create a special investigative committee and give it subpoena authority. Democrats, who control the assembly, issued the subpoenas but withheld the names of the targets until they were all served.
The first round of subpoenas is apparently only for documents.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Stephen Dinan can be reached at email@example.com.
- No comment on petition to deport Bieber
- Red-state Democrats blast latest Keystone delay
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador's visa, but says law is 'advisory'
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.