- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Jury finds man insane in utility worker attack
Question of the Day
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - A California jury has found a man insane in a 2012 attack on a Pacific Gas & Electric crew that gained national attention because of the hitchhiker who allegedly intervened in the attack.
Caleb McGillivary gained Internet fame as “Kai the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker” after he gave an interview in which he said he used a hatchet to fend off a further attack by the suspect, Jett McBride.
The Fresno Bee reports (http://bit.ly/1b8BqQv) that a jury on Thursday found McBride insane when he drove his car into the utility crew in Fresno. The jury previously convicted him of assault with a deadly weapon.
McBride testified that he thought he was Jesus Christ. His attorney, Scott Baly, says his client will now likely be sent to a state hospital.
McGillivary, meanwhile, has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge in New Jersey.
Information from: The Fresno Bee, http://www.fresnobee.com
TWT Video Picks
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq