- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Omaha is taken off Web.com Tour schedule for 2014
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - The PGA Tour has announced that its Web.com Tour will not have a tournament in Omaha this year.
The PGA Tour, which governs the Web.com Tour, said in a statement Friday that it would take a one-year hiatus with respect to Omaha. The Cox Classic has been played at Champions Run since 1996. The PGA cut ties with the tournament’s local organizing committee and no course is available for 2014.
The PGA said it needs time to restructure the tournament and develop new partnerships in Omaha. The Omaha event typically has paid one of the highest purses of the year and draws some of the biggest crowds.
The top 25 players on the Web.com money list earn PGA Tour cards for the following year.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.