- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
Orioles reach agreement with Davis, 4 others
Davis led the majors last season with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs, both career highs. He earned $3.3 million.
The 27-year-old Davis played in 160 games, batted .286, had 167 hits and scored 103 runs.
After coming to Baltimore in a trade with Houston, Norris went 4-3 in 11 games. The right-hander agreed to terms on a $5.3 million contract.
Matusz and Patton, both left-handers, pitched out of the bullpen. Matusz will earn $2.4 million in 2014 after receiving $1.6 million last season, and Patton will receive $1,275,000 next season, up from $825,000 in 2013.
The Orioles have exchanged arbitration figures with catcher Matt Wieters, offering $6.5 million while he’s seeking $8.75 million.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Man with stolen passport on missing jet is asylum seeker
- Al Qaeda to launch English-language Web magazine 'Resurgence'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again