- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Orioles reach agreement with Davis, 4 others
Davis led the majors last season with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs, both career highs. He earned $3.3 million.
The 27-year-old Davis played in 160 games, batted .286, had 167 hits and scored 103 runs.
Hunter was 6-5 with a 2.81 ERA in a career-high 68 games for the Orioles last year. He will earn $3 million in 2014, a solid increase from the $1.82 million he received last season.
After coming to Baltimore in a trade with Houston, Norris went 4-3 in 11 games. The right-hander agreed to terms on a $5.3 million contract.
Matusz and Patton, both left-handers, pitched out of the bullpen. Matusz will earn $2.4 million in 2014 after receiving $1.6 million last season, and Patton will receive $1,275,000 next season, up from $825,000 in 2013.
The Orioles have exchanged arbitration figures with catcher Matt Wieters, offering $6.5 million while he’s seeking $8.75 million.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.