- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
U.Va. Rotunda to undergo phase 2 of makeover
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - A Virginia landmark will be transformed into a construction zone this spring as it undergoes a restoration.
The Rotunda at the University of Virginia will begin the second and final phase of a $50 million restoration in May. Administrators say the work will continue through mid-2016.
The Rotunda is the centerpiece of U.Va.’s original buildings, which are listed collectively as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
U.Va. administrators outlined the renovation Thursday. The Daily Progress (http://bit.ly/1mg2Gom) reports that a spokesman said the Rotunda will be better equipped and more suited to student use once the renovations are complete. The work will be completed less than one year before the university celebrates its bicentennial.
During construction, a fence will surround the building and both porticos.
Information from: The Daily Progress, http://www.dailyprogress.com
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014