- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Police: 2nd Philly school suspect to surrender
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Philadelphia police say a boy charged with aggravated assault was expected to surrender Saturday in connection with a shooting that wounded two students at a high school gymnasium.
Police say another boy already in custody in Friday’s shooting at the Delaware Valley Charter High School in north Philadelphia has not been charged yet.
Police aren’t identifying either boy because of their age, but say they’ve been in contact with the second suspect’s parents, which is why they expected him to turn himself in.
Police have said it appears two students were wounded when one of the suspects accidentally fired the gun.
Police say a girl was treated and released for a bicep wound. The same bullet then hit a 17-year-old male student who remained hospitalized in stable condition.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs