- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
Crystal Palace beat Stoke 1-0 on penalty in EPL
LONDON (AP) - Jason Puncheon put his penalty-taking credentials to rest by slotting one for Crystal Palace to beat Stoke 1-0 on Saturday for their first win in the English Premier League since Boxing Day.
Puncheon’s humbling miss in the 2-0 loss to Tottenham last weekend set off a war of words with former Palace manager Neil Warnock, who suggested he would never have let Puncheon take a spot kick. The dispute lingered, and Warnock threatened legal action before Palace manager Tony Pulis cooled things down by supporting Puncheon for future penalties.
When the chance came in the 51st minute, Puncheon, on loan from Southampton, took his time and drove the ball past Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland.
The end of Palace’s three-match winless run lifted it out of the relegation zone, and kept Stoke winless for a fifth successive league match.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014