- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Crystal Palace beat Stoke 1-0 on penalty in EPL
LONDON (AP) - Jason Puncheon put his penalty-taking credentials to rest by slotting one for Crystal Palace to beat Stoke 1-0 on Saturday for their first win in the English Premier League since Boxing Day.
Puncheon’s humbling miss in the 2-0 loss to Tottenham last weekend set off a war of words with former Palace manager Neil Warnock, who suggested he would never have let Puncheon take a spot kick. The dispute lingered, and Warnock threatened legal action before Palace manager Tony Pulis cooled things down by supporting Puncheon for future penalties.
When the chance came in the 51st minute, Puncheon, on loan from Southampton, took his time and drove the ball past Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland.
The end of Palace’s three-match winless run lifted it out of the relegation zone, and kept Stoke winless for a fifth successive league match.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.