- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
Gonzaga outlasts Loyola Marymount 82-72
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Sam Dower scored a career-high 28 points and pulled down 14 rebounds, leading Gonzaga to an 82-72 win at Loyola Marymount on Saturday.
Gonzaga (16-3, 6-1 West Coast Conference) stifled a second half comeback attempt from LMU (10-10, 2-6) with a 13-2 run midway through the half to pull away.
LMU erased a 42-33 halftime deficit and took a brief lead at 52-50 on Evan Payne’s bucket with 14:11 left. But Gonzaga regained the lead and stretched its advantage to as many as 13 with 6:29 left. The Lions were unable to cut the deficit to fewer than seven points in the game’s last 5 minutes.
Dower’s performance sent him over the 1,000 career points mark at Gonzaga. Drew Barham added 16 points and Gerard Coleman had 11.
Payne scored 19 to lead LMU. C.J. Blackwell and Anthony Ireland had 13 points apiece and Ireland added nine assists.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq