- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Mitchell named honorary NV sesquicentennial poet
Question of the Day
ELKO, Nev. (AP) - Waddie Mitchell has been named honorary poet of the celebration commemorating Nevada’s 150th anniversary of statehood.
Nevada’s cowboy poet will debut a work he has written in honor of the state’s sesquicentennial during the first show of the annual National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko on Jan. 27.
The poem, titled “The Dame Nevada,” pays tribute to the Silver State and its people.
It’s the first time the Nevada native has been commissioned to write a poem for a specific occasion since the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City.
As Nevada’s sesquicentennial poet, Mitchell will make appearances at several Nevada 150 events through October.
Nevada was admitted as a state on Oct. 31, 1864, under President Abraham Lincoln.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors