- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Sam Houston State knocks off New Orleans 77-70
Question of the Day
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Kaheem Ransom scored 21 points as Sam Houston State came back for a 77-70 victory over New Orleans Saturday night.
Michael Holyfield and Dakarai Henderson had 10 points each for Sam Houston (13-5, 5-1 Southland Conference).
The Bearkats, who have been shooting over 40 percent from beyond the arc, continued that tonight, hitting 9 of 20 3-point attempts, making seven in the second half. They shot 52.3 percent from the field overall.
New Orleans (5-9, 2-4) held a 46-40 lead after James Harrison hit a 3-pointer with 12:59 remaining in the game. Terrance Motely answered with a jumper, Henderson hit a 3-point shot and Ransom made two free throws to give the Bearkats a 47-46 lead with 11:27 remaining. They stretched that to 65-56 with 5:28 left in the game.
Tradarri McPhearson led New Orleans with 16 points. Cory Dixon, Isaac Mack and Kevin Hill each had 10 points.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Manchester United delights FedEx Field crowd with shootout win over Inter Milan
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world