- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
UNC-Charlotte steals past North Texas 76-74
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Terrence Williams scored twice in the final 42 seconds - including a game-winning dunk at the buzzer - as North Carolina-Charlotte stole past North Texas 76-74 on Saturday night.
Charlotte (12-5, 3-1 Conference USA) trailed since 19:12 of the second half before Pierria Henry stole the ball from Chris Jones inside the final minute and dished to Williams for a layup that forged a 74-74 tie. The Mean Green’s Brandan Walton missed a jumper that was rebounded by Charlotte’s Willie Clayton and the 49ers worked the final 25 seconds before Williams hit the winner, again assisted by Henry.
Walton led Mean Green (10-8, 1-3) with 13 points, Jordan Williams 12 and Colin Voss scored 8 of his 11 after halftime. Charlotte shot 54.5 percent to North Texas’ 50.9.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- John Kerry says any resumption of aid to Egypt would depend on reforms in Cairo
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again