- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
- Jack Daniel’s up in arms at Tenn. push to ‘weaken’ whiskey label
- Sen. Murphy: Putin ‘making this up as we go along’
- Ron Paul: ‘Washington does not care about our privacy’
- Paris bans cars, trucks from city to stave off smog
Canucks coach Tortorella, Flames have altercation
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - The Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames engaged in a wild first-period brawl Saturday night which later carried over to Canucks coach John Tortorella being involved in an alternation in the hallway outside of the Flames‘ dressing room.
It brought back memories of when teams such as the Broad Street Bullies and Big Bad Boston Bruins hit the ice.
“It’s been a while since something like that happened, five guys pairing off.”
Just 2 seconds had ticked off the clock when all five skaters from each team taking the opening faceoff dropped their gloves and began throwing punches.
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Ron Paul: 'Washington does not care about our privacy'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014