- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Hinds names center for physician
Question of the Day
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Hinds Community College has named its new Nursing Simulation Center in Jackson for retired physician Dr. George Ball.
The building was donated to the college by brothers and physicians Dr. Christopher Ball and Dr. Kyle Ball and named for their father. The building had housed their obstetrics and gynecology practice.
A $2.5 million federal grant helped renovate and equip the center.
The Dr. George Ball Simulation Center has four simulation laboratories - three that look like hospital rooms and a fourth that can be an operating room or emergency room. They are equipped with life-like mannequins that simulate real situations and control rooms that allow for videotaping students performing clinical skills.
Ball, who served on the HCC Foundation board, specialized in obstetrics and gynecology in Jackson before his 1998 retirement.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors