• 50 percent overall would vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton in a presidential match up with Mr. Christie; 16 percent of Republicans and 90 percent of Democrats agree.
• 37 percent overall would vote for Mr. Christie; 78 percent of Republicans and 3 percent of Democrats agree.
• 47 percent say Mr. Christie comes across as a “strong leader”; 71 percent of Republicans and 36 percent of Democrats agree.
• 27 percent say he is a “bully”; 11 percent of Republicans and 38 percent of Democrats agree.
• 16 percent of Republicans would chose Mr. Christie if the GOP presidential primary were today; 12 percent would chose Rep. Paul Ryan, 12 percent would pick Sen. Rand Paul.
• 8 percent would choose Jeb Bush, 7 percent Sen. Marco Rubio, 6 percent Gov. Rick Perry and 5 percent Sen. Ted Cruz.
Source: AN NBC/Marist National Poll of 1,200 U.S, adults conducted Jan. 12-14.
• Baffled questions, self-assured answers to firstname.lastname@example.org