- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LOVERRO: Shanahan’s parting gift to RG3 was removal from line of fire
Question of the Day
That would tell the world that SuperBob is large and in charge at Redskins Park – no matter what Bruce Allen said last week in his Alexander Haig moment.
“The control will be mine, and it will be working with our personnel department,” Allen told reporters. “The personnel department of [Director of Player Personnel] Scott Campbell and [Director of Pro Personnel] Morocco Brown actually do a very good job at what they do.”
If there was ever a symbol of the Redskins dysfunction, it is the continued presence of Campbell and Brown. They have been there throughout much of the disaster that has been this franchise – Campbell for 13 seasons, Brown for six – yet they have reputations as solid personnel men who have been ignored by Redskins decision makers.
But now it’s going to be different?
Not if Art Briles is hired to coach this team.
If that happens, will RG II have an office at Redskins Park? Will he be in the draft room?
Will he have his own parking space?
This is the perception problem that SuperBob is facing. If Briles is hired as the next Redskins coach, then Team SuperBob clearly could care less what anyone thinks. We already know the Redskins don’t care what anyone thinks. They couldn’t possibly care – could they?
• Thom Loverro is co-host of “The Sports Fix,”noon to 2 p.m. daily on ESPN 980 radio and espn980.com
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- LOVERRO: The Patriots are coming to Redskins' training camp for the wrong reasons
- LOVERRO: Redskins should be great before declaring greatness
- LOVERRO: Hall of Fame is one birthday present A-Rod will never unwrap
- LOVERRO: These are Bruce Allen's Washington Redskins now
- LOVERRO: CBS Sports leaves broadcasters hanging in Redskins name debate
Latest Blog Entries
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors