- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Carroll says Sherman sorry rant overshadowed win
Question of the Day
Asked about the incident afterward by Fox reporter Erin Andrews, Sherman lit up Twitter with a rant that began: “I’m the best corner in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you gonna get. Don’t you ever talk about me!”
“There’s some stuff in there I think you should think about and did you really want it to come out the way it did and talk our way through that,” Carroll said. “And he didn’t. He didn’t feel right about that.
“There were a lot of great things that happened last night and we’re talking about some other stuff.”
For Carroll, the return to New York is heading back to where he got his start as a head coach in the NFL, albeit a short-lived tenure as the head coach of the Jets. Carroll was the Jets head coach for one season in 1994 before getting fired after a 6-10 season.
“I think my first time in New York as a head coach was kind of in the middle of the circle somewhere or maybe it wasn’t even a circle, it might have been some other shape,” Carroll joked. “It was kind of a hairy time.”
Notes: Carroll said WR Percy Harvin (concussion) could be cleared to practice later this week and is expected to be ready for the Super Bowl. Harvin was injured in the first half of Seattle’s divisional playoff win over New Orleans. … WR Doug Baldwin (hip), DT Brandon Mebane (foot/ankle) and RB Marshawn Lynch would be eased back into practice when the Seahawks return to the field on Wednesday, Carroll said. … LB K.J. Wright was sore but otherwise came out of Sunday’s game fine, Carroll said. It was his first game since breaking a bone in his right foot in Week 14.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq