- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
NY pols arrested in MLK airport worker protest
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Several New York elected officials were arrested outside LaGuardia Airport as they protested with union members demanding higher wages and paid holidays for airport workers.
The politicians joined hundreds of members of the Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ on Monday in a march to the airport across the 94th Street and Ditmars Boulevard bridge.
In addition to higher wages, the workers want Martin Luther King Day to serve as a paid holiday.
Newsday (http://bit.ly/1bEx3Rh ) says Rep. Charles Rangel and eight members of the New York City Council were among those arrested on disorderly conduct charges after they sat down and refused to leave the roadway.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq