- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
NY pols arrested in MLK airport worker protest
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Several New York elected officials were arrested outside LaGuardia Airport as they protested with union members demanding higher wages and paid holidays for airport workers.
The politicians joined hundreds of members of the Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ on Monday in a march to the airport across the 94th Street and Ditmars Boulevard bridge.
In addition to higher wages, the workers want Martin Luther King Day to serve as a paid holiday.
Newsday (http://bit.ly/1bEx3Rh ) says Rep. Charles Rangel and eight members of the New York City Council were among those arrested on disorderly conduct charges after they sat down and refused to leave the roadway.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world