- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Police: Pair detained in Philly slaying over purse
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Philadelphia police have detained two men in the death of a young woman apparently killed for her purse in front of her mother.
However, police say no charges have been filed in Sunday night’s slaying of 26-year-old Amber Long.
Homicide Captain James Clark say one assailant grabbed a purse from the mother’s shoulder as they walked to their car from in the city’s Northern Liberties section. But he says Long momentarily resisted and was shot.
Authorities say the mother was visiting Long, who lived in South Philadelphia.
Police expect to search a house linked to the two men who are being held.
Philadelphia police have tallied at least six unsolved gun deaths since Friday night, including that of a policeman’s son who hoped to be become a prizefighter.
Information from: The Philadelphia Inquirer, http://www.inquirer.com
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world