- The Washington Times - Monday, January 20, 2014

Gunmen in the Libyan capital of Tripoli kidnapped a South Korean trade agent, and investigators on Monday said they had no idea who the abductors were or what they wanted.

Meanwhile, South Korea’s government warned citizens to leave Libya, The New York Times reported.

Han Seok-woo, 39, heads up the Tripoli office of the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency. He was walking home from work late Sunday when four gunmen halted his vehicle and grabbed him, the South Korean Foreign Ministry said on Monday.

“So far, no one has come out to say why they have kidnapped him or what they wanted,” one official with the ministry said, in the New York Times.

Mr. Han had been working in Tripoli since 2012, Yonhap reported. The South Korean government reported that 551 nationals were currently living in Libya.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide