- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
70 years later, World War II Marine gets funeral
Question of the Day
CHOWCHILLA, Calif. (AP) - Seventy years after being killed in action during the 1944 invasion of Guam, a Central California Marine has received a funeral with full military honors.
The Fresno Bee says (http://bit.ly/1fVEiYD ) that two years after the war, Cpl. Thomas Jefferson Johnson got a quiet burial in his hometown of Chowchilla - with no bugle playing “Taps,” no color guard, no presentation of the flag.
Jefferson’s son, Kevin Johnson, now 75 and a military veteran, says it bothered him his whole life that his father never received proper military honors.
Johnson was in attendance Monday as a team of guard members gathered at the Chowchilla Cemetery for the long overdue funeral.
The newspaper says Johnson fought back tears while standing over his father’s grave as his colleagues with the American Veterans Post 56 in Tulare presented him with a folded flag.
Information from: The Fresno Bee, http://www.fresnobee.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors