- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Ky. retail food prices up slightly at end of 2013
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - A new survey shows that average retail food prices rose slightly in the last three months of 2013 in supermarkets across Kentucky.
The Kentucky Farm Bureau says the year ended with the highest prices in the decades-long history of its Marketbasket Survey.
According to the latest survey, the total cost of 40 basic grocery items was $120.08. Those results were 93 cents higher than the same list of items reported in the third quarter of 2013, which was the previous record high for food prices.
The latest survey reflects a 3.9 percent increase over the average price reported in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Five years ago, the average cost of the same 40 surveyed grocery items was $111.63, or 7.6 percent less than what those items cost on average today.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.