- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Nicholls State beats McNeese State 87-79 in OT
Question of the Day
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP) - Dantrell Thomas scored 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Jeremy Smith added 25 points Tuesday night as McNeese State beat Nicholls State 87-79 in overtime.
With his layup with 53 seconds to play in OT, Thomas scored his 1,001th career point, becoming the 24th player in Nicholls history to reach the milestone.
Shane Rillieux scored 12 for Nicholls State (8-8, 5-2 Southland) and Sam McBeath 11.
The lead traded hands 10 times in the first half and McNeese State led 44-41 at halftime. Nicholls State scored three quick baskets for a 47-44 lead in the second half, and the lead flip-flopped seven more times until Smith tied it at 72 with a layup and time ran out.
The Colonels ripped an 8-1 run in overtime and pulled away.
Keelan Garrett led McNeese State (6-13, 4-3) with 21 points, Ledrick Eackles had 17, Desharick Guidry 14, and Shaun Johnson 13.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq