- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
Rangers G Lundqvist sidelined due to illness
NEW YORK (AP) - Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist is sitting out against the New York Islanders because of an illness.
Lundqvist skipped the club’s morning skate Tuesday, and the Rangers said Cam Talbot would start that night.
About 2½ hours before the opening faceoff, the Rangers announced the signing of David Leneveu - a free agent who has split time this season with Hartford and Providence of the American Hockey League. He served as the backup to Talbot.
The 30-year-old Leneveu was 1-2 with a 2.68 goals-against average in three AHL games. He also played eight games with South Carolina of the ECHL, going 4-4 with a 1.64 GAA and three shutouts.
In 22 career NHL games with Phoenix and Columbus, Leneveu is 5-9-2 with a 3.43 GAA.
Talbot is making his second start in three games after Lundqvist played in six straight. He is 10-3 with a 1.62 GAA and two shutouts in 15 games.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.