- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Cayman rescuers end search for missing US diver
Question of the Day
GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands (AP) - Rescuers in the Cayman Islands have ended their search for a U.S. man who vanished during a diving excursion.
The missing 57-year-old man’s tank, buoyancy control device and an article of his clothing have been found in depths greater than 110 feet (33 meters) at the Barracuda Wall dive site. But despite three days of searching, they have found no sign of David Byles of Pinehurst, North Carolina.
Police Inspector Ian Yearwood said Wednesday that rescuers have done as much as they can do to recover his body and “bring some closure to his family.” He says the decision to end the search has been discussed with Byles‘ wife.
Byles was last seen Sunday after surfacing from a dive. He vanished while swimming back to the boat with his wife.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq