Electrical fire damages Monroe’s Olive Garden

Story Topics
Question of the Day

Should Congress make English the official language of the U.S.?

View results

MONROE, La. (AP) - Firefighters say the Olive Garden restaurant in Monroe was destroyed after a fire worked its way along the restaurant’s roof.

The News-Star reports (http://tnsne.ws/1dOQtoD) the Monroe Fire Department worked into late Tuesday evening to extinguish the fire that broke out at about 11:30 a.m.

Although the restaurant was open for lunch, all patrons and employees were safely evacuated. No injuries were reported.

Chief Terry Williams said he believed the fire was caused by water in the restaurant’s electrical panel.

___

Information from: The News-Star, http://www.thenewsstar.com

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks