- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Flu season at its peak in Wisconsin
Question of the Day
BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Health experts say the flu season in Wisconsin is at its peak and is striking younger patients.
Wisconsin influenza surveillance coordinator Thomas Haupt says the state is recording 50 to 70 hospitalizations a week.
Haupt says there seems to be fewer total influenza cases this year compared with last season. But he says the difference this year is the age of those with the most serious cases of influenza.
Haupt says the two age groups with the most hospitalizations are patients ages 18-to-49 and those 50-to-64. He says last year the over-65 group was the most affected.
Rock County Health Officer Karen Cain tells the Beloit Daily News (http://bit.ly/KIstqa ) it’s still not too late to get a flu shot, since flu season in Wisconsin can run through March or April.
Information from: Beloit Daily News, http://www.beloitdailynews.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Court orders Chicago to pay NRA's legal fees
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener