- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Helicopter makes emergency landing in mid-Michigan
Question of the Day
NEW HAVEN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say a U.S. Coast Guard helicopter on a training flight made an emergency landing in a mid-Michigan field after the aircraft began to malfunction.
Gratiot County Sheriff Doug Wright tells the Morning Sun of Mount Pleasant (http://bit.ly/19N3Qoc ) that the helicopter landed around midday Tuesday in New Haven Township, about 40 miles north of Lansing.
No injuries were reported.
The newspaper says the helicopter and its four crew members left from Traverse City to Lansing and were on their way back north at the time. Sheriff’s department officials responded and they treated the crew members to lunch at an area restaurant.
The helicopter was expected to be returned to Traverse City by truck.
Information from: Morning Sun, http://www.themorningsun.com/
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq