- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Holy Cross edges Lafayette 59-58
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - Justin Burrell made two free throws with 19 seconds left and Holy Cross survived a late basket to edge Lafayette 59-58 Wednesday night.
Burrell’s free throws gave the Crusaders (10-9, 4-3 Patriot League) a 59-56 lead. Scott Bryce followed with two foul shots for the Leopards (4-14, 0-7) at 11 seconds. After a quick foul, Anthony Thompson missed the front end of a 1-and-1 for Holy Cross but Nick Lindner’s contested jump shot with 2 seconds to go didn’t fall and Lafayette lost its ninth straight.
Lindner had 13 for the Leopards, who were 14 of 14 from the foul line.
The biggest difference in a game with six ties and seven lead changes, proved to be offensive rebounds. Holy Cross had 14, leading to 19 second-chance points while Lafayette had six for just eight points.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again