- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Jindal returns from Asia with no deals in hand
Question of the Day
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Gov. Bobby Jindal brought back no announced commitments from business leaders he met during his week in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
But the Republican governor said Tuesday that a number of senior executives from the companies will be traveling to Louisiana within the next six months, to visit sites for possible investment and continue conversations with economic development officials.
Jindal wouldn’t name any of the firms whose leaders were heading to the state.
The Asian trip was Jindal’s first overseas economic development mission since he has been in office.
The governor and Economic Development Secretary Stephen Moret met with executives from three companies that have facilities in Louisiana and with leaders of nine other companies that they wouldn’t name, citing the need for secrecy in economic development negotiations.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq