- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Longwood edges Liberty 69-66
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) - Lucas Woodhouse sank a 3-pointer with four seconds left to play, breaking a late-game tie and giving Longwood a 69-66 victory over Liberty on Wednesday night.
Woodhouse posted a career-high 27 points for the Lancers (6-14, 1-4 Big South). He hit 7 of 10 from beyond the arc, three of which came in the game’s final three minutes. Karl Ziegler added 14 points and four rebounds.
Liberty led 36-32 at the break and had a three-point advantage going into the final three minutes. But Woodhouse hit a trio of 3-pointers in the time remaining to tie the score and then take the lead by three with four seconds to play.
The win breaks a seven-game losing streak for the Lancers who hit 44 percent from the field overall and 91 percent from the line.
Tomasz Gielo led the Flames (8-12, 2-3) with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.