- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Mulvaney on coast discussing harbor deepening
Question of the Day
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - South Carolina U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney is visiting Charleston to discuss the Charleston Harbor deepening project.
Mulvaney, representing the 5th District in the Rock Hill and Lancaster area, joins the board of directors of the State Ports Authority on Tuesday. They will discuss recent congressional actions that will help the nation’s ports deepen their shipping channels to handle a new generation of larger container ships.
One of those projects is the $300 million deepening of the Charleston channel. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is studying deepening the channel which is now 45 feet.
Maritime interests want the channel deepened to more than 50 feet so South Carolina can handle the larger ships that will routinely be calling when the Panama Canal is widened.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq