- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Small bomb found on southern Ill. railroad tracks
Question of the Day
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP) - Madison County authorities say a bomb found along rural railroad tracks in in southwestern Illinois has been deactivated without injury.
The Belleville News-Democrat (http://bit.ly/1aHtngV ) reports that Norfolk Southern Railroad workers notified sheriff’s deputies after finding the bomb Monday near Edwardsville.
A bomb-disposal unit with the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office was summoned and deactivated the device made from a small, barbecue grill-type propane tank attached to several flares. The device was turned over to Norfolk Southern for investigation.
Norfolk Southern spokesman Robin Chapman says the device probably wouldn’t have done a lot of damage.
Chapman says the railroad track is used only by freight trains.
Information from: Belleville News-Democrat, http://www.bnd.com
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq