- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
Appalachian St gets last win at The Citadel, 80-67
Question of the Day
Appalachian State heads to the Sun Belt Conference next year and Thursday’s win gave the Mountaineers an 18-17 record on the Bulldogs’ home court as well as back-to-back conference wins.
Hamilton drilled a 3-pointer with 4:57 left in the first half to give the Mountaineers the lead for good, 28-26. His layup a minute later sparked a 10-4 run for a 40-32 lead at intermission.
Mike Neal and Frank Eaves added 13 and 12 points, respectively, for Appalachian State (6-13, 2-4 Southern).
Matt Van Scyoc scored 24 points and Ashton Moore contributed another 18 to lead The Citadel (4-17, 0-6), which now has lost nine straight and 14 of its last 15.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq