• 74 percent of U.S. voters say they feel that the nation is “still in a recession.”
• 69 percent say their friends and family do not resent people who make a lot of money.
• 62 percent accept the fact that some people make more than others because “that’s how our economy works.”
• 21 percent say this phenomenon “stinks” and 13 percent say it “makes them angry.”
• 55 percent say cutting federal taxes and reducing regulations will help the economy.
• 55 percent say that giving unemployment benefits for those unemployed “a long time” discourages them from finding work.
• 12 percent agree that “if someone becomes successful and makes a lot of money, it means that someone else has to make less money.”
Source: A Fox News poll of 1,010 registered U.S. voters conducted Jan. 19-21.
• Complaints and chit-chat to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her at twitter.com/harperbulletin.