- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Mobley scores 22 to lift CCSU past Wagner 87-83
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. (AP) - Matt Mobley scored a career-high 22 points and teamed with Brandon Peel on a late game run to lift Central Connecticut State to its first Northeast Conference win, 87-83 over Wagner on Thursday.
The Blue Devils (5-13, 1-4) ripped off an 11-0 run to wipe out a 75-70 deficit with 2:38 to go. Peel, who finished with 14 points and a career-high six blocks, started the rally with two buckets, including the dunk that put CCSU up 76-75. Mobley followed with a 3 and then hit six straight free throws to secure the game.
Wagner (9-9, 3-2) had rolled 88-59 at Central Connecticut two weeks earlier.
Malcolm McMillan had 19 points and Faronte Drakeford 16 for CCSU, which shot 54 percent from the field and made 14 of 18 free throws.
Kenneth Ortiz and Marcus Burton both had 16 for Wagner, with Mario Moody adding 15.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again