- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Monmouth edges Fairfield 63-60
Question of the Day
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) - Andrew Nicholas scored 19 points and Monmouth edged Fairfield 63-60 on Thursday night, in what was the first-ever meeting for the two teams in conference play.
Josh James helped out Monmouth, scoring 15 points with 6 assists.
Deon Jones hit a 3 for Monmouth (10-10, 4-5 Metro Atlantic) at the start of the second period putting the Hawks up 32-31, setting the tone for a hard fought second period,
Fairfield (4-16, 1-8) built a 54-46 lead midway through the second half before Monmouth scored 8 points tying the score at 54, while the Stags went scoreless for 5 minutes.
Both teams missed the back end of some key free throw opportunities in the final minutes and a missed jumper by the Stags’ Maurice Barrow with seconds remaining allowed Monmouth to hang on for the win.
Fairfield was paced by Barrow’s 20 points.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq