- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Nev. regulators give final OK to $5.5M Cantor fine
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The Nevada Gaming Commission has given final approval to a record $5.5 million fine levied on CG Technology to settle a complaint regarding illegal sports betting.
The commission unanimously approved the settlement with the company formally known as Cantor Gaming on Thursday. It is the largest such fine in state history.
Earlier this month, the Nevada Gaming Control Board filed an 18-count complaint against the company. Regulators said Cantor failed to adequately supervise its former sports book director, who was involved in a nationwide illegal sports betting ring.
Michael Colbert, formerly vice president of race and sports risk management, was arrested in 2012 and pleaded guilty to participating in a sports betting conspiracy.
Regulators said the company’s lack of supervision over Colbert violated state gambling rules
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014