- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
SE Missouri beats SIU-Edwardsville 82-78
Question of the Day
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) - Jarekious Bradley had 18 points and Southeast Missouri State held on for an 82-78 win against SIU-Edwardsville Thursday night.
Bradley also made two free throws in the final second to seal the win.
SIUE closed to within 78-77 with 9 seconds left and sent Southeast’s Lucas Nutt to the free-throw line where he missed the front end of a 1-and-1.
Nutt responded with a steal and went to the line again with 4 seconds left, hitting both free throws for an 80-77 Southeast lead. The Redhawks (11-9, 3-4 Ohio Valley) immediately fouled to prevent a potential game-tying 3-pointer.
Donivine Stewart made the first to cut the gap to 80-78 and missed the second intentionally, but failed to hit the rim which turned the ball over.
Tyler Stone had 15 points, Nino Johnson added 13 and Josh Langford scored 10.
Rozell Nunn led SIUE (6-14, 3-4) with 15 points.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world