- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Williams, Samford handle UNC Greensboro 88-78
Question of the Day
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Tim Williams scored 29 points and hauled in 12 rebounds, pacing Samford past UNC Greensboro 88-78 Thursday night.
The Bulldogs (8-13, 2-4 Southern Conference) shot an efficient 58.8 percent from the field. Isaiah Williams hit four 3-pointers to finish with 19 points and Raijon Kelly added 18.
UNC Greensboro (10-11, 3-3) shot 42.6 percent, but went just 4 of 16 from beyond the arc. Kyle Cain led the Spartans with 23 points and 11 boards, and Tevon Saddler chipped in 13 points and six assists.
Samford pushed ahead with a 14-5 run fueled by 3-pointers from Isaiah Williams and Connor Miller and led by 10 at the break. The Spartans fought back, with Diante Baldwin hitting a jumper, two free throws and a 3-pointer to pull within four at the midway mark.
Tim Williams answered with a jumper and two free throws to put Samford up by nine.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq