- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Arsenal tops Coventry 4-0, reaches FA Cup’s 5th rd
Question of the Day
Podolski put the hosts ahead in the 15th minute by slotting home following a pass from Mesut Ozil, then doubled the lead with a close-range header off a corner kick in the 27th.
Olivier Giroud replaced Podolski in the 80th and scored five minutes later, and Santi Cazorla added a goal in the 89th.
In the night’s other fourth-round game, Nottingham Forest was held to a 0-0 tie by visiting Preston North End.
BERLIN (AP) - Defending champion Bayern Munich opened the second half of the Bundesliga season following a five-week break with a 2-0 win at Borussia Moenchengladbach, extending its league unbeaten streak to 42 games.
Mario Goetze scored in the seventh minute and converted a penalty kick in the 54th after Granit Xhaka was called for a hand ball.
Bayern (15-0-2) opened a 10-point lead over second-place Bayer Levekusen (12-4-1), which is a Freiburg on Saturday.
MADRID (AP) - Fabian Orellana scored twice to lead Celta Vigo over last-place Real Betis 4-2 in the Spanish league, sending Gabriel Calderon to a losing debut as Celta coach.
Calderon became Celta’s third manager this season on Monday after Juan Carlos Garrido was fired.
Visiting Betis went ahead on Ruben Casto’s goal in the 17th, but the hosts took a 2-1 lead when Orellana scored in the 22nd and Charles in the 31st. Goals by Orellana in the 39th and Manuel “Nolito” Agudo in the 73rd made it 4-1 before Castro scored his second of the match in the 78th.
PARIS (AP) - Third-place Lille (12-5-5) extended a poor run in the French league by tying 1-1 at home with Rennes.
Salomon Kalou opened the scoring for the hosts with a close-range header in the 34th minute, and Abdoulaye Doucoure volleyed home the tying goal in the 41st.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq